There are many ways we can earn more money from home. Depending on your interests and skill set, you can easily earn $1,000 or more each month using these 6 money making methods.
1. Virtual assistant: As a virtual assistant, you will be assisting other people to complete various tasks. To be successful you need to be organized and to have good time management skills. Other helpful skills include:
*Data Entry Skills – requires high keystroke rate
*Desktop Publishing – Create flyers, brochures, newsletters and other specialized stationary
*Fluent in English – If you can’t communicate effectively in English, all your work will need proofreading before it can be submitted. This would mean extra work for your boss, or the need to hire another contractor.
*Good computer literacy is essential and intermediate skills in Microsoft Office are often requested.
When first starting out as a virtual assistant, you should preferably choose tasks with a low barrier of entry. There are many websites that offer virtual assistant jobs. These websites include Remote, Indeed, and Upwork. What you need to do, is to register, fill out your profile and then look for jobs and bid on them.
2. Sell things on Craigslist or eBay: Many people are actually able to earn a full-time income by selling things on eBay and Craigslist. Of course, selling things in your home isn’t sustainable, because you will run out of things to sell sooner or later. Alternatively, look for items that are available at lower prices in thrift stores, at garage sales, or even on eBay or Craigslist. Before investing any time or money do some keyword research and make sure that there is a demand for them online.
3. Use your hobby as side-business: Many people have skills that can be transformed into money-making ventures. An example of this is; you could make pottery or cheap jewelry at home. These items can be sold on eBay or Amazon for a good profit.
4. Rent out an extra room: Many houses have one or two extra bedrooms that are no longer used, as the children have moved out of home. You could rent them out through Airbnb, and make some extra money. Airbnb has recently become very popular and is used by millions of travelers around the world.
5. Teach some skills: Often, you have skills that you can teach to others. Think about your current skills and consider how others can benefit from learning those skills. As an example, if you know how to play guitar, you could teach music lessons. If you are a computer whiz, you could teach people how to use their computers at a more advanced level. In reality, everyone has one or two skills that they can teach others.
6. Rent out your parking space: You can make a steady amount of money by renting out your car parking space. If you have vacant land, consider whether you can rent it out for car parking. To simplify things, offer people a deal where they pay you monthly for car parking. If you have space to park 5 or 6 cars, you could earn an extra $1,000 each month.